Phone (586) 447-4410
Hours: 8:00 am to 4:15 pm - Monday through Friday
Friday's counter service for all other matters except for paying fines are until 12:00 pm.
Doors are locked at 4:15 pm.
Phone service is available until 4:30 pm Monday through Thursday and Fridays until 12:00 pm.
Fines may be paid in person or by mail at Violations Bureau, District Court, 29733 Gratiot, Roseville, MI 48066
Checks or money orders should be made payable to the 39th District Court. Effective December 1, 2003, you may pay by credit card by calling GPS at (888) 604-7888 or online at GovPayNOW. Tickets may also be paid by placing a check or money order in the drop box at the Court.
Click below for a list of violations which may be paid without appearing in Court. If your violation is marked “ X APPEARANCE DATE”, it may be paid at the Violations Bureau on or before due date. After due date, a $25.00 late charge will be added. For fines not listed below call: (586) 447-4410.
All fees are subject to change without notice.
Payable Traffic & Misdemeanor Fines - Effective January 2015.
**PROPER COURT ATTIRE REQUIRED - NO CELL PHONES OR PAGERS IN COURT**
DEFAULT ENTRY - An entry is made when a defendant:
1. Has not made a scheduled appearance or has not answered a citation within the time allowed by statute.
DEFAULT JUDGMENT - After a default entry is made, a judgment is entered. A late fee may be assessed at this time. Your driver's license will be suspended within 45 days. Fines, costs, and fees not paid within 56 days of the appearance date are subject to a 20% late penalty on the amount owed.
14 DAY NOTICE - If you have failed to comply with the judgment after 14 days:
1. A bench warrant may be issued for your arrest.
2. Warrant charges may be added to the amount of your judgment.
3. Your operators license will not be issued or renewed if notice for 6 or more parking violations.
COURT APPEARANCE - If you are contesting this violation, you must appear in court on the date & time listed on the front for "appearance date".
To Pay Fines & Costs By Credit Card:
GovPayEXP accepts payment either online through GovPayNOW or by calling 1-888-604-7888. Be advised that GovPayEXP charges an additional fee for this service. The Court does not receive any portion of this fee. You must have the following information available when making payment through GovPayEXP:
1. Pay location code PLC # 1913
2. Your court case or ticket number and the date it was issued.
3. Your driver's license number.
4. Your license plate number.
5. The type of offense.
6. Your date of birth.
7. The total amount owed.
8. A valid Master Card, Visa, Discover or American Express Card.